Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2656 Rāmagāyatrī / रामगायत्री
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2656
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9975023913503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for private recitation or prayer, containing a series of mantras and hymns, especially the Gāyatrī mantra (originally a Vedic hymn), in praise of the Hindu deity Rāma and various figures from the Rāmāyaṇa.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r).
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- Watermarks of the year 1875 and Britannia.
- Bound on the left side as a codex with thread.
- 11 leaves foliated 1-11, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some vertical margins marked with single or double black line.
Extent1 item (11 leaves) : 12 x 21 cm
- Rāma (Hindu deity)
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu mantras
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Prayers (documents)
- Hymns (documents)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2656: Rāmagāyatrī are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.