Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2662 Saṃdhyā / संध्या
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2662
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9975024253503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Collection of mantras (words or phrases of power) and verses and instructions for their use for recitation during the performance of the Saṃdhyā rites by the top three castes.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r).
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- Watermarks of the year 1875 and Britannia.
- 11 leaves foliated 1-11, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some vertical margins marked with single or double black line.
Extent1 item (7 leaves) : 12 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti nyāyasyādimaṃ sūtram (f. 7r).
- Sandhyā (Hindu rite)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu mantras
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2662: Saṃdhyā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.