Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 270 Vratodyāpanakaumudī / व्रतोद्यापनकौमुदी
TitleVratodyāpanakaumudī / व्रतोद्यापनकौमुदी
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 270
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958941823503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a kind of manual for performing a number of different observances (vratas), prayers, hand gestures (mudras), as well as Hindu mantras to various deities that are to be performed during the ceremonies, especially the wife of the moon, Kaumudī.
- Title from the margin abbreviations throughout.
- Written in 12-15 lines per leaf.
- 49 leaves foliated 1-49, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated around 1861, which is written as a watermark on several folios.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red or orange throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- European blue paper with watermarks and the date 1861 written on it.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (49 leaves) : 12 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti pradoṣavrataṃ // (f. 49v).
- Hindu mantras
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Mudrās (Hinduism)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 270: Vratodyāpanakaumudī are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.