Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2702 Raghuvaṃśa. / रघुवंश
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2702
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9975393713503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is employed for contemplation and study and is a section of a poetic work that deals with the exploits of the Raghu dynasty, important for mythic background to and retelling of elements of the Hindu epic, the Rāmāyaṇa. Lacks an ending.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- 7 leaves foliated 1-7, upper left verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some significant characters, phrases and numbers highlighted in red; vertical margins marked with double black line; pencil and ink doodles of birds and floral designs on various folios.
Extent1 item (7 leaves) : 10 x 21 cm
- Hindu mythology
- Rāma (Hindu deity)
- Drawings (visual works)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2702: Raghuvaṃśa. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- fol. 1r — Ink decoration and borders, f. 1r
4985_0000.tif (38.5 MB)
4985_0000_thumb.jpg (4.8 KB)
4985_0000_web.jpg (316.0 KB)
Decoration: Ink decoration and borders, f. 1r