Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2705 Raghuvaṃśa. / रघुवंश
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2705
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9975393823503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is employed for contemplation and study and is the thirteenth section of a poetic work that deals with the exploits of the Raghu dynasty, important for mythic background to and retelling of elements of the Hindu epic, the Rāmāyaṇa.
- Title from abbreviations in margins.
- Written in 7-8 lines per leaf.
- 11 leaves foliated 1-11, upper left verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some phrases, verse divisions and numbers highlighted in red.
Extent1 item (11 leaves) : 10 x 21 cm
- Hindu mythology
- Rāma (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2705: Raghuvaṃśa. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.