Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2708 Raghuvaṃśa. / रघुवंश
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2708
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9975393953503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is employed for contemplation and study and is the seventeenth section of a poetic work that deals with the exploits of the Raghu dynasty, important for mythic background to and retelling of elements of the Hindu epic, the Rāmāyaṇa. Contains an unidentified commentary running parallel above and below the root text.
- Title from abbreviations in margins; title of commentary Raghuvaṃśaṭīkā from abbreviations in margins.
- Written in 5-10 lines per leaf.
- 16 leaves foliated 1-16, upper left verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some significant phrases and numbers highlighted in red near the beginning of the manuscript; vertical margins marked with double red line. Most folios are blue European paper.
Extent1 item (16 leaves) : 12 x 22 cm
- Hindu mythology
- Rāma (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2708: Raghuvaṃśa. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.