Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 271 Dvādaśīnirṇaya / द्वादशीनिर्णय
TitleDvādaśīnirṇaya / द्वादशीनिर्णय
- Bhaṭṭa, Raghunātha
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 271
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958977043503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a kind of manual and is a compendium of different rites and the rules and regulations governing them, to be used by a priest or senior householder for performing ceremonies to mark the completion of the twelfth day of the half month. Such rites as the removal of sins are invoked.
- Title from colophon (f. 5v).
- Written in 13 lines per leaf.
- 5 leaves foliated 1-5, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 item (5 leaves) : 9 x 23 cm
ColophonColophon: iti bhaṭṭamādhavātmajabhaṭṭaraghunāthaviracitoṣṭamahādvādaśānirṇayaḥ saṃpūrṇaḥ // (f. 5v).
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Forgiveness of sin--Hinduism
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 271: Dvādaśīnirṇaya are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.