Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2711 Nalodaya. / नलोदय
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2711
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9975394073503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Poem titled The rise of Nala, dealing with Sanskrit poetics and the life of the king Nala, a character from the Mahābhārata. Attributed to the poet Kālidāsa. An unidentified commentary appears in the margins on some folios in a very small scribal hand.
- Title from colophon (f. 11r).
- Written in 7-14 lines per leaf.
- 11 leaves foliated 1-11, upper left verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant phrases, verse divisions and numbers highlighted in red throughout; some vertical margins marked with double and quadruple red line.
- Watermarks of the letters G and A and part of a coat of arms.
Extent1 item (11 leaves) : 11 x 22 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīkālidāsakṛtau nalodaye dvitīya ullāsaḥ // (f. 11r).
- Hindu mythology
- Nala (Hindu mythology)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2711: Nalodaya. are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.