Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2726 Caulaprayoga / चौलप्रयोग
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2726
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9975795973503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Text in the genre of dharmaśāstra. Manuscript is a manual on domestic rites and rituals related to ritual hair cutting (caula); contains Vedic mantras for recitation, along with red accents. Lacks ending.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r).
- Written in 10 lines per leaf.
- 18 leaves foliated 1-18, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; accents for aid with Vedic recitations in red.
Extent1 item (18 leaves) : 11 x 22 cm
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2726: Caulaprayoga are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.