Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2730 Svapnādhyāya / स्वप्नाध्याय
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2730
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9975805023503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
An astrological work for the purpose of divination derived from Vedic rites and ceremonies with a list of different gifts to be offered at specific times of year; text is part of a secondary body of Vedic literature referred to as the Pariśiṣṭas.
- Title from colophon (f. 2v).
- Written in 11 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated (1-2), upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, phrases, or numbers highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 10 x 22 cm
ColophonColophon: iti vṛhasyatiproktaḥ svapnādhyāyaḥ samāptaḥ // (f. 2v).
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu astrology
- Hindu astronomy
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2730: Svapnādhyāya are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.