Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2735 Yajñopavītadhāraṇavidhi / यज्ञोपवीतधारणविधि
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2735
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9975805783503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manual including rules and dharma (Hindu law) related to the sacred thread ceremony, a Vedic rite of passage for young boys of the top three castes, allowing them to participate in the performance and reading of Vedic rites and ceremonies.
- Title from end title page (f. 2v).
- Written in 8 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; metrical accents in red through part of manuscript.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 10 x 21 cm
- Sacred thread ceremony
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manual (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2735: Yajñopavītadhāraṇavidhi are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.