Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 275 Tristhalīsetusārasaṃgraha / त्रिस्थलीसेतुसारसंग्रह
TitleTristhalīsetusārasaṃgraha / त्रिस्थलीसेतुसारसंग्रह
- Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 275
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958976973503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for consultation and study and is a summary or "essence" (sārasaṃgraha) of another work, the Tristhalīsetu (Bridge to the three holy cities) by Nārāyaṇa Bhaṭṭa, focusing on the problem of overcoming death. Discusses the benefits that can result from visiting different pilgrimage sites, bathing there, along with other rites. Makes frequent reference to purāṇic works such as the Brahmāpurāṇa and Skandapurāṇa. Colophon (f. 31 v) is followed by several purāṇic verses.
- Title from colophon (f. 32r).
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- 32 leaves foliated 1-32, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (32 leaves) : 12 x 24 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībhaṭṭojidīkṣitastrithalīsetusārasaṃgrahasamāptaḥ śubham astu (f. 32r).
- Pilgrims and pilgrimages--India
- Sacred space--India
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Bathing customs--India
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 275: Tristhalīsetusārasaṃgraha are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.