Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2760 Śrāddhasaṃkalpa / श्राद्धसंकल्प
TitleŚrāddhasaṃkalpa / श्राद्धसंकल्प
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 2760
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9976091463503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a manual and treatise (containing laws, dharma) for consultation by those undertaking and performing funeral rites, including recitation of Vedic mantras. Lacks end.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 10-11 lines per leaf.
- 13 leaves foliated 1-13, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line. Metrical accents in red in parts of the text containing Vedic verses.
Extent1 item (13 leaves) : 11 x 24 cm
- Funeral rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu law
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 2760: Śrāddhasaṃkalpa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.