Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 278 Gayāprakaraṇa / गयाप्रकरण
TitleGayāprakaraṇa / गयाप्रकरण
- Nārāyaṇa Bhaṭṭa, active 16th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 278
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958976953503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a compendium and guide used for consultation by those wanting to learn the benefits (such as liberation at death) of visiting the city of Gayā, a major pilgrimage center in India. Part of a larger work, the Tristhalīsetu, translated as "Bridge to the three holy cities."
- Title from colophon (f. 39v).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 39 leaves foliated 1-39, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1914 (1857) on the basis of Ms. Coll. 390, Item 280 (f. 47v).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout. Some folios treated with yellow turmeric powder.
- Belonged to a single manuscript along with Ms. Coll. 390 Item 279, Item 280, and Item 281.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (39 leaves) : 15 x 37 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmadbhaṭṭarāmeśvarasūrisūnunārāyaṇabhaṭṭaviracite tristhalīsetau gayāprakaraṇe gayākṛtyam // (f. 39v).
- Pilgrims and pilgrimages--India
- Sacred space--India
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 278: Gayāprakaraṇa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.