Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 286 Vratatithinirṇaya / व्रततिथिनिर्णय
TitleVratatithinirṇaya / व्रततिथिनिर्णय
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 286
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9959063113503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is to be used as a kind of manual of rites and rules (Hindu law, Dharma) governing the performance of observances (vratas) such as fasting on particular days (tithi) and is part of a larger work and general treatise on lunar days called Tithinirṇaya.
- Title from title page (f. 8v).
- Written in 10-14 lines per leaf.
- 8 leaves foliated 1-8, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (8 leaves) : 10 x 17 cm
- Hindu law
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Fasting--Religious aspects
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 286: Vratatithinirṇaya are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.