Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 3046 Agnisūkta / अग्निसूक्त
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 3046
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9969134533503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a fragment from the tenth book of the Ṛgveda and is a hymn to the Vedic god of fire, Agni, to be recited during the performance of Vedic fire sacrifice. There are red accents written above the text to help with the proper recitation of the text. Manuscript was previously housed as a fragment with Ms. Coll. 390, Item 416.
- Title supplied by cataloger
- Written in 11 lines per leaf.
- 1 leaf, foliated 35.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins in black or red; verse numbers highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 20 x 10 cm
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Agni (Hindu deity)
- Vedic language--Accents and accentuation
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 3046: Agnisūkta are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.