Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 318 Cāturmāsya / चातुर्मास्य
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 318
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958224883503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript for private or public use and consultation in rites and ceremonies for a set of three sacrifices performed at the beginning of each cycle (season) of four months (cāturmāsya) of the year. Text includes rites for venerating one's ancestors and for purification of the sacrificer. Manuscript is incomplete and lacks an ending.
- Title from incipit (f. 48v).
- Written in 8-10 lines per leaf.
- 48 leaves foliated 1-48, middle right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (48 leaves) : 13 x 24 cm
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Seasons--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Ancestor worship--Hinduism
- Purity, Ritual--Hinduism
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--17th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--17th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 318: Cāturmāsya are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.