Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 325 Śravaṇadvādaṣīvratakathā / श्रवणद्वादशीव्रतकथा
TitleŚravaṇadvādaṣīvratakathā / श्रवणद्वादशीव्रतकथा
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 325
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957792903503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Observances (vrata) and worship (pūjā), especially to forms of Viṣṇu, to be performed on special occasions during the month of Bhādrapada (August-September) related to the Śravaṇa star. Rites include especially fasting. Presented as a discourse between the Hindu deity Kṛṣṇa and the legendary king Yudhiṣṭhira.
- Title from colophon (f. 9r).
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- 9 leaves foliated 1-9, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1830 (1778) (f. 9r).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (9 leaves) : 11 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrībhaviṣyottarapurāṇe kṛṣṇayudhiṣṭirasaṃvāde śravaṇadvādaśīvratakathāsamāptāḥ // cha // cha śrī // saṃ[vat] 1830 // śubhaṃ bhavastuḥ // (f. 9r).
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Krishna (Hindu deity)
- Yudhiṣṭhira (Hindu mythology)
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 325: Śravaṇadvādaṣīvratakathā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.