Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 331 Kāśīrahasya / काशीरहस्य
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 331
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9959250653503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for private or public recitation and prayer as well as consultation on Hindu law (Dharma) and consists of the third section of the Brahmavaivarttapurāṇa, which deals with the Hindu pilgrimage center Kāśī (Vārāṇasī) and the mythology related to it. Contains discussion of the "highest dharma" and the cosmic ages (yugas) among other topics.
- Title from internal colophon (f. 9r).
- Internal colophon: iti śrībrahmavavarte tṛtīyabhāge kāśīrahasye prathamodhyāyaḥ // 1 // (f. 9r)
- Written in 12-16 lines per leaf.
- 96 leaves foliated 1-96, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (96 leaves) : 13 x 18 cm
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu law
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 331: Kāśīrahasya are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.