Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 337 Sūryavrata / सूर्यव्रत
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 337
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958038493503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is part of a minor upapurāṇa called the Sauradharma and is to be used for consultation in private recitation and prayer in honor and worship (pūjā) of various Vedic and other gods, especially the deity Sūrya (the sun) during the performance of observances (vratas).
- Title from colophon (f. 4r).
- Written in 9-11 lines per leaf.
- 4 leaves foliated 1-3, , upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (4 leaves) : 12 x 26 cm
ColophonColophon: iti sauradharmoktaṃ sūryavrataṃ samāptim agamat // śubhaṃ bhavatu // (f. 4r).
- Sūrya (Hindu deity)
- Gods, Vedic
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu mantras
- Recitations--Religious aspects
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 337: Sūryavrata are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.