Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 354 Śuklakṛṣṇaikādaśīvrata / शुक्लकृष्णैकादशीव्रत
TitleŚuklakṛṣṇaikādaśīvrata / शुक्लकृष्णैकादशीव्रत
Other related names
- Cipoṇakara, Māhādevabhaṭṭa, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 354
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9957943943503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Text employed in public or private recitation and prayer, presenting observances (vrata) and rites to be performed during either the bright or dark half of the month. Begins with the worship (pūjā) of the Hindu deity, the elephant-headed Gaṇeśa, and includes the veneration of Viṣṇu and other deities. Rites such as fasting, bathing, offering flowers with both hands, and others are included.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r).
- Written in 18-19 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Scribe is Māhādevabhaṭṭa Cipoṇakara (f. 2r).
- Dated saṃvat 1839 mitiśrāvaṇavadya (Sunday, August 18, 1782 A.D.) (f. 2r).
- Mistakes blacked out.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 11 x 23 cm
ColophonColophon: idaṃ pustakaṃ māhādevabhaṭacipoṇakarenalikhitaṃ // śrī // saṃvat 1839 mitiśrāvaṇavadya 10 maṃdavāre (f. 2r).
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Gaṇeśa (Hindu deity)
- Bathing customs--India
- Fasting--India--Religious aspects
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 354: Śuklakṛṣṇaikādaśīvrata are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.