Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 355 Rāmāyaṇīyasāra / रामायणीयसार
TitleRāmāyaṇīyasāra / रामायणीयसार
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 355
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9959356013503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for recitation and prayer and is meant to be the "essence" (sāra) of the Rāmāyaṇa, the well known Hindu epic. Manuscript consists of 35 verses of poetry.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 7 lines per leaf.
- 8 leaves foliated 1-8, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some verse markers highlighted in red; vertical margins marked with double black line.
- Written in two different scribal hands, one possibly a student of the main hand.
Extent1 item (8 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Recitations--Religious aspects
- Rāma (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 355: Rāmāyaṇīyasāra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.