Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 362 Upāṅgalalitāvratakathā / उपाङ्गलिताव्रतकथा
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 362
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9958213783503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for private or public recitation, worship, and prayer for an observance (vrata) to honor the Hindu goddess Upāṅgalalitā, also known as Lalitā (a form of the goddess Dūrgā, who is popular in Maharashtra), and the rules related to it. Performed during the bright half of the month of Aśvin (September-October); fasts are observed during this period.
- Title from colophon (f. 14v).
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- 16 leaves foliated 1-16, upper left and lower right verso.
- Colophon (internal): iti śrīskaṃdapurāṇe skaṃdaṛṣisaṃvāde upāṃgalalitāvratakathā saṃpūrṇaṃ śrīdevyārpaṇam astu (f. 14v).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (16 leaves) : 11 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon (internal): iti śrīskaṃdapurāṇe skaṃdaṛṣisaṃvāde upāṃgalalitāvratakathā saṃpūrṇaṃ śrīdevyārpaṇam astu (f. 14v).
- Hindu goddesses
- Durgā (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 362: Upāṅgalalitāvratakathā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.