Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 384 Saundaryalaharīstotra / सौन्दर्यलहरीस्तोत्र
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 384
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9959369663503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript to be used for consultation, performing rituals, or recitation is a Tantric work of Śaivism, possibly connected to Śaivasiddhanta and though attributed to Śaṅkara is not likely by that 9th century author given its highly specialized language , especially the references to Śaktism, or feminine, universal energy, which became widespread and systematized philosophical concepts in later periods. Manuscript also contains descriptions and lists of mantras to be recited and employed in Tantric rites of worship (pūjā).
- Title from colophon (f. 22v).
- Written in 8-9 lines per leaf.
- 22 leaves foliated 1-22, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1800 and śaka 1666 (1744) (f. 22v).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some syllables, words, or phrases and verse numbers highlighted in red ; vertical margins marked with double red line filled with yellow and third red line along vertical edge.
Extent1 item (22 leaves) : 11 x 21 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmatparamahaṃsaparivrājakācāsya śrīśaṃkarācāryyaviracitaṃ sauṃdaryyalaharīstotrasa[ṃ]pūrṇam // śrīrastuḥ // saṃ[vat] 1800 // śrīḥ śa[ke] 1666 // śrīkalpāṇam astu // (f. 22v).
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu philosophy
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 384: Saundaryalaharīstotra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.