Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 400 Gaṅgālaharī / गङ्गालहरी
TitleGaṅgālaharī / गङ्गालहरी
- Jagannātha Paṇḍitarāja
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 400
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9959369923503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for private or public recitation, prayer and worship (pūjā) in praise of the Hindu goddess Gaṅgā known also as the river Ganges, sacred to the Hindu religion. Title translates as the "Wave of the Ganges." Manuscript is incomplete.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 7-9 lines per leaf.
- 9 leaves foliated 1-9, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (9 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
- Gaṅgā (Hindu deity)
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Rivers--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Sacred space--India
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 400: Gaṅgālaharī are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.