Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 412 Ekādaśastotra / एकादशस्तोत्र
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 412
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9959371453503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a collection of eleven (ekādaśa) short praise (stotra) texts, used for private recitation, prayer, and worship (pūjā) directed towards various Hindu deities, especially Vāsudeva (Kṛṣṇa), as well as other avatāras of the god Viṣṇu.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 6 lines per leaf.
- 16 leaves foliated 1-15, , upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line. Borders of most folios are treated with yellow turmeric powder.
Extent1 item (16 leaves) : 10 x 23 cm
ColophonColophon: iti ekādaśastotraṃ // (f. 16v).
- Hinduism--Prayers and devotions
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Puja (Hinduism)
- Krishna (Hindu deity)
- Avatars (Religion)
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--17th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--17th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 412: Ekādaśastotra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.