Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 463 Asyāśapoddhāro / अस्याशपोद्धारो
Other related names
- Putranihāla Maṇī, scribe
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 463
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9954303133503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Collection of praises and hymns (stotras), Tantric rites and mantras, descriptions of diagrams (yantras) for use in worship (pūjā), mantras for the removal of curses (śapoddhāra), etc.; primarily dedicated to Hindu goddesses especially the goddess Lakṣmī and Candi to whom the manuscript is dedicated (f. 1v); contents include the Puṭkaraṇapryoga and the Saptaśatiprayoga.
- Title from incipit (f. 1v).
- Written in 7 lines per leaf.
- 17 leaves foliated 1-17, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout.
- May have been housed at an earlier time with Item 461, Item 462, and Item 464.
- Scribe is likely Putranihāla Maṇī (or Nihāla Maṇī) as text is written in same scribal hand as Item 462.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (17 leaves) : 9 x 16 cm
ColophonColophon: iti sapta[śa]tiprayogasamāptaṃ // (f. 17v).
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hinduism--Prayers and devotions
- Durgā (Hindu deity)
- Caṇḍi (Hindu deity)
- Hindu mantras
- Blessing and cursing
- Goddesses, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 463: Asyāśapoddhāro are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.