Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 468 Saṃkaṭāstotra / संकटस्तोत्र
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 468
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9954526943503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Praise (stotra), worship, and veneration of various places around the pilgrimage city of Kāśī (Vārāṇasī), such as Viśveśvara, a form of the Hindu deity Śiva. Presented as a discourse between the Indian sage Nārada and king Yudhiṣṭira. Attributed to the Padmapurāṇa, but no section or chapter given.
- Title from colophon (f. 2v).
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Formerly housed with Item 465, Item 466, Item 467, Item 469, and Item 470. These items likely shared a former owner.
- Non-Latin script record.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 9 x 16 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīpadmapurāṇe saṃkaṭāstotraṃ pūrṇam śubhamastu śubhaṃ // (f. 2v).
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Worship (Hinduism)
- Hindu pilgrims and pilgrimages--India
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 468: Saṃkaṭāstotra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.