Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 495 Kāvyapradīpaprabhā / काव्यप्रदीपप्रभा
- Vaidyanātha Pāyaguṇḍe, active 18th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 495
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9959504653503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for consultation and study and is a kind of treatise on Sanskrit poetry, poetics (alamkāraśāstra), and rhetoric; it is a supercommentary about a commentary (vyākhyā) written by Govindaṭhakkura on his own work, the Kāvyapradīpa. Manuscript comprises most of the fourth, all of the fifth, and part of the sixth sections (ullāsa) of the supercommentary.
- Title from internal colophon (f. 18r).
- Written in 11-13 lines per leaf.
- 26 leaves foliated 1-26, upper left verso; foliation occurred after partial manuscript was separated from larger text.
- Internal colophon: iti śrīmatpadavākyapramāṇābhijñaśrīmattatsadrāmabhaṭṭasūrivarātmajarīvaidyanāthaviracitāyaṃ kāvyapradīpavyākhyā[ṃ] caturtha ullāsaḥ // (f. 18r).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red on first two folios; vertical margins marked with quadruple black line.
Extent1 item (26 leaves) : 11 x 26 cm
- Sanskrit poetry
- Sanskrit language--Rhetoric
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 495: Kāvyapradīpaprabhā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.