Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 505 Rāmakṛṣṇakāvya / रामकृष्णकाव्य
TitleRāmakṛṣṇakāvya / रामकृष्णकाव्य
- Daivajña, Sūryaśrī
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 505
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9959592003503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for the contemplation and study as well as for recitation practice and is a poetic praise of the Hindu gods Rāma and Kṛṣṇa in half stanzas dedicated to each god throughout. These two gods are considered avatāras of the god Viṣṇu. Manuscript contains a commentary, likely by the author of the principal work, running parallel above and below the main text.
- Title from colophon (f. 29r).
- Written in 7-8 lines per leaf.
- 30 leaves foliated 1-30, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; verse dividers and some phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (30 leaves) : 11 x 24 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmaddaivajñayapaṃḍitasūryaviracitaṃ rāmakṛṣṇakāvyaṃ samāptaṃ śrīsamakṛṣṇārpaṇam astu (f. 29r).
- Rāma (Hindu deity)
- Krishna (Hindu deity)
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Avatars (Religion)
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 505: Rāmakṛṣṇakāvya are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.