Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 525 Kāvyaprakāśavyākhyā / काव्यप्रकाशव्याख्या
TitleKāvyaprakāśavyākhyā / काव्यप्रकाशव्याख्या
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 525
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9959657713503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for consultation and study and is a commentary (vyākhyā) and reflection on the Kāvyaprakāśa by Mammaṭācārya, which is a work on rhetoric and poetic composition literally meaning, Illustration of poetry. Manuscript also contains a supercommentary written in red ink above the main text.
- Title from back title page (f. 102v).
- Written in 9-13 lines per leaf.
- 102 leaves foliated 1-102, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout. Every second folio treated with yellow turmeric powder and metalic (possibly gold) flecks.
Extent1 item (102 leaves) : 12 x 28 cm
- Sanskrit language--Versification
- Sanskrit poetry
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 525: Kāvyaprakāśavyākhyā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.