Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 526 Śiśupālavadha / शिशुपालवध
TitleŚiśupālavadha / शिशुपालवध
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 526
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9959657473503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript titled Death of Śiśupāla, used for recitation, contemplation, and study; draws from epic mythology about king Śiśupāla who opposes the Hindu deity Kṛṣṇa who cuts off his head with his discus (cakra). Manuscript is incomplete and comprises only part of the fourth of 23 books.
- Manuscript formerly housed with Ms. Coll. 390 Item 3044.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 9 lines per leaf.
- 3 leaves foliated 3-5, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins in red ink; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line. One folio treated with yellow turmeric powder.
Extent1 item (3 leaves) : 12 x 25 cm
- Hindu mythology
- Krishna (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 526: Śiśupālavadha are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
fol. 3v [=1v]-4r [=2r
5769_0001.tif (103.8 MB)
5769_0001_thumb.jpg (9.3 KB)
5769_0001_web.jpg (619.0 KB)
fol. 4v [=2v]-5r [=3r
5769_0002.tif (103.8 MB)
5769_0002_thumb.jpg (8.8 KB)
5769_0002_web.jpg (585.6 KB)