Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 543 Pañcaprakaraṇa / पञ्चप्रकरण
TitlePañcaprakaraṇa / पञ्चप्रकरण
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 543
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9959839733503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and is a late medieval philosophical work expounding on the nature of being and the supremacy of the Hindu deity Viṣṇu from a Vedanta perspective.
- Title from colophon (f.33v).
- Written in 8-11 lines per leaf.
- 34 leaves foliated 1-33, , upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1803 (1881) (f. 33v).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some phrases highlighted in red.
- Indian stock of paper with several watermarks: one depicts a crown over an oval inside of which is an elephant; another has a schooner or some other kind of tall ship along with the date 1880; the name Byramji Shapoorji appears on several folios; another has the word London as part of a longer company name, which is indistinguishable.
Extent1 item (34 leaves) : 11 x 17 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmadrāmadāraviracitāpaṃcaprakaraṇīsamāptāḥ // satyaṃ jñānam anaṃtam ekam ajaraṃ vibhuḥ // guruśuśrūṣayājñānaṃ vinābhyāsena jāyate saparam ābhāni bhakṣaṃti yathā 'nyeṃvarasaṃginaḥ //2// (f. 33v).
- Indian philosophy
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 543: Pañcaprakaraṇa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.