Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 578 Sudarśanasaṃhitā / सुदर्शनसंहिता
TitleSudarśanasaṃhitā / सुदर्शनसंहिता
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 578
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9959927543503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used as an aid for private or public recitation and prayer and contains devotional mantras (words of power) as well as mantras used as part of efficacious spells (mūlamantras) which bring about worldly benefits to the devotee. Sudarśana is another name for the Hindu deity Śiva.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r).
- Written in 11-13 lines per leaf.
- 14 leaves foliated 1-14, upper left and lower right verso.
- Incipit: śrīgaṇeśāya namaḥ // athasudarśana saṃhitāyāṃ / (f. 1r).
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; some numbers and significant syllables highlighted in red; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 item (14 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Hindu mantras
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--17th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--17th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 578: Sudarśanasaṃhitā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.