Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 581 Saundaryalaharīstotra / सौन्दर्यलहरीस्तोत्र
TitleSaundaryalaharīstotra / सौन्दर्यलहरीस्तोत्र
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 581
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9960122103503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used as an aid in public or private recitation and prayer, as well as rites of worship in praise and honor of the Hindu deity Śiva and others. Contains Tantric references to Śiva's energetic counterpart Śakti as well as to Śiva's amalgamated form with the god Viṣṇu called Harihara.
- Title from colophon (f. 13v).
- Written in 8-10 lines per leaf.
- 13 leaves foliated 1-13, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (13 leaves) : 10 x 23 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrIśaṃkarācāryaviracitaṃ sauṃdaryyalaharīstotraṃ saṃpūrṇaṃ samāptaṃ / (f. 13v).
- Devotional literature, Sanskrit
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Vishnu (Hindu deity)
- Hariharanātha (Hindu deity)
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--17th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--17th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 581: Saundaryalaharīstotra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.