Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 584 Gurulakṣaṇa / गुरुलक्षण
TitleGurulakṣaṇa / गुरुलक्षण
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 584
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9959999243503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for consultation and study and is a section of a larger work containing a variety of topics such as the qualities of a good teacher and student, astrology, and architecture.
- Title from incipit (f. 1r); alternate titles Pīṭhalakṣaṇa and Candralakṣana supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 13-16 lines per leaf.
- 3 leaves foliated 1-3, upper left and lower right verso; also foliated 11-13, upper left verso, indicating that it was part of a larger manuscript.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
Extent1 item (3 leaves) : 10 x 23 cm
ColophonColophon: śrīgaṇeśāyanamaḥ / athagurulakṣaṇaṃ / guravovahavaḥ (f. 1r).
- Hindu architecture
- Hindu astrology
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 584: Gurulakṣaṇa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.