Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 585 Kṛtyaratnāvalī / कृत्यरत्नावली
TitleKṛtyaratnāvalī / कृत्यरत्नावली
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 585
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9959998623503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a collection of rules and regulations (Hindu law) drawn from a variety of Hindu epic and purāṇic sources and compiled together by the other; covers a range of different topics such as auspicious days of the Hindu calendar, the specific days to perform fasting, and various other rites and ceremonies.
- Title from colophon (f. 61v).
- Written in 11-13 lines per leaf.
- 61 leaves foliated 1-61, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with quadruple black line.
Extent1 item (61 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīmatpadavākyapramāṇābhita tatsadupākhya bālakṛṣṇabhaṭṭāṃgajaviṭhalabhaṭṭavidhabudhavarasūnudharmaśāstrapārāvārīṇa-śrīmadrāmacandrabhaṭṭaviracitā kṛtyaratnāvalī saṃpūrṇā // śubhaṃ bhūyāt (f. 61v).
- Hindu law
- Fasting--Religious aspects--Hinduism
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Hindu astrology
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--17th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--17th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 585: Kṛtyaratnāvalī are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.