Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 588 Sveṣṭanityajapavidhi / स्वेष्टनित्यजपविधि
TitleSveṣṭanityajapavidhi / स्वेष्टनित्यजपविधि
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 588
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9959998913503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for private ceremony and recitation and contains a series of sacred mantras (words or phrase of power) dedicated to the philosophical principal of the universal self, here identified with the Hindu deity Śiva.
- Title from colophon (f. 2v).
- Written in 8-13 lines per leaf.
- 2 leaves foliated 1-2, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Text written on blue European paper with partial watermark having the word Wood and the partial word Kay, possibly part of a name.
Extent1 item (2 leaves) : 11 x 25 cm
ColophonColophon: iti sveṣṭanityajāpavidhiḥ (f. 2v).
- Rites and ceremonies--India
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Hindu mantras
- Self (Philosophy)
- Hindu philosophy
- Philosophy, Indic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 588: Sveṣṭanityajapavidhi are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.