Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 604 Vakyasudhāṭippaṇa / वक्यसुधाटिप्पण
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 604
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9960122253503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and is a Marathi commentary (ṭippaṇa) of the Advaitavedānta school on a philosophical work by Śaṅkarācārya, the Vakyasudhā (also known as the Dr̥gdr̥śyaviveka). Bharatī Tīrtha, a known commentator of this work and of Śaṅkarācārya's work more broadly, is named in the manuscript (f. 32v); possibly connected to Maheśvara.
- Title from colophon (f. 32v).
- Written in 8 lines per leaf.
- 33 leaves foliated 1-32, , upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1858 (f. 33r).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double red line.
Extent1 item (33 leaves) : 24 x 12 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrī maheśvara viracitaṃ pānapātranāmakaṃ vakyasudhāṭippaṇaṃ saṃpūrṇam // śrīśāṃtādurgāprīyatām // saṃvat // // 1858 āṣāṭaśukla // 2 // caṃdravāsare // śubhaṃ (f. 32v-33r).
- Hindu philosophy
- Indian philosophy
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 604: Vakyasudhāṭippaṇa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.