Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 616 Anumitistu dvividhā / अनुमितिस्तु द्विविधा
TitleAnumitistu dvividhā / अनुमितिस्तु द्विविधा
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 616
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9960163173503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logic and two kinds of inference from the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy.
- Title from incipit (f. 1v).
- Written in 10-12 lines per leaf.
- 18 leaves foliated 1-18, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with quadruple red line.
- Manuscript was copied by the same scribe as Ms. Coll. 390 Item 614, Item 617, Item 618, Item 619, Item 620, Item 621, and Item 622.
- Dated saṃvat 1750 (1693) on the basis of dates on Item 619, Item 620, Item 621, and Item 622; date may be copied from earlier work given the quality of the paper.
Extent1 item (18 leaves) : 11 x 29 cm
- Hindu philosophy--Early works to 1800
- Indian philosophy--Early works to 1800
- Nyaya--Early works to 1800
- Hindu logic--Early works to 1800
- Logic--India--Early works to 1800
- Inference--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--17th century
- Manuscripts--India--17th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 616: Anumitistu dvividhā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.