Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 618 Liṅgopahitalaiṅgikabhānavicāra / लिङ्गोपहितलैङ्गिकभानविचार
TitleLiṅgopahitalaiṅgikabhānavicāra / लिङ्गोपहितलैङ्गिकभानविचार
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 618
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9960163633503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logic and perception from the perspective of the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy.
- Title from title abbreviations in upper left margins.
- Written in 10 lines per leaf.
- 22 leaves foliated 1-22, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with quadruple red line.
- Manuscript likely copied by the same scribe as Ms. Coll. 390 Item 614, Item 616, Item 617, Item 619, Item 620, Item 621, and Item 622.
- Dated saṃvat 1750 (1693) on the basis of dates on Item 619, Item 620, Item 621, and Item 622; date may be copied from earlier work given the quality of the paper.
Extent1 item (22 leaves) : 29 x 11 cm
- Logic--India--Early works to 1800
- Indian philosophy--Early works to 1800
- Hindu philosophy--Early works to 1800
- Hindu logic--Early works to 1800
- Nyaya--Early works to 1800
- Perception (Philosophy)--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--17th century
- Manuscripts--India--17th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 618: Liṅgopahitalaiṅgikabhānavicāra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.