Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 621 Navīnamatavicāra / नवीनमतविचार
TitleNavīnamatavicāra / नवीनमतविचार
- Gadādharabhaṭṭācārya, 17th century-18th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 621
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9960163903503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logic from the perspective of the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy; text is a secondary commentary on the Tattvacintāmaṇi by Gaṅgeśa.
- Title from colophon (f. 20v).
- Written in 10 lines per leaf.
- 20 leaves foliated 1-20, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated saṃvat 1750 (1693) (f. 20v); date may be copied from earlier work given the quality of the paper.
- Mistakes crossed out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with quadruple red line.
- Manuscript copied by the same scribe as Ms. Coll. 390 Item 614, Item 616, Item 617, Item 618, Item 619, Item 620, and Item 622.
Extent1 item (20 leaves) : 11 x 29 cm
ColophonColophon: iti navīnamatavicāraḥ samāptaḥ // śubham astū saṃvat 1750 (f. 20v).
- Hindu philosophy--Early works to 1800
- Indian philosophy--Early works to 1800
- Hindu logic--Early works to 1800
- Logic--India--Early works to 1800
- Nyaya--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--17th century
- Manuscripts--India--17th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 621: Navīnamatavicāra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.