Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 634 Satpratipakṣa / सत्प्रतिपक्ष
TitleSatpratipakṣa / सत्प्रतिपक्ष
- Gadādharabhaṭṭācārya, 17th century-18th century
Other related names
- Bālaśāstri, scribe
- Dhāmaṇakara, former owner
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 634
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9960315593503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logic, particularly logical fallacies (satpratipakṣa), from the perspective of the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy.
- Title from colophon (f. 34r).
- Written in 9-12 lines per leaf.
- 34 leaves foliated 1-34, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red through half of the manuscript.
- Scribe is Bālaśāstri (f. 34v).
- European style paper with watermarks of a shield and sword crest as well as a man riding in a palanquin on top of an elephant throughout the manuscript.
Extent1 item (34 leaves) : 11 x 33 cm
ColophonColophon: iti satpratipakṣaḥ // śrīlalitāṃbārpaṇam astu // idaṃ pustakaṃ dhāmaṇakaropākṛbālaśāstriṇaḥ // etena eva likhitaṃ (f. 34r).
- Manuscript was commissioned by Dhāmaṇakara (f. 34r).
- Hindu logic
- Hindu philosophy
- Indian philosophy
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 634: Satpratipakṣa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.