Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 636 Anumānakhaṇḍa / अनुमानखण्ड
- Viśvanātha Nyāyapañcānana Bhaṭṭācārya
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 636
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9960314083503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logical inference (anumāna), from the perspective of the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy.
- Title from original purchase wrapping.
- Written in 7-11 lines per leaf.
- 12 leaves foliated 1-12, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red in the first part of the manuscript.
Extent1 item (12 leaves) : 10 x 23 cm
- Hindu logic
- Hindu philosophy
- Indian philosophy
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 636: Anumānakhaṇḍa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.