Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 639 Subarthavicāra / सुबर्थविचार
- Viśvanātha, active 17th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 639
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9960314453503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logic from the perspective of the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy.
- Title from original sales wrapping; alternate title Kārakacakra supplied by cataloger.
- Written in 12-13 lines per leaf.
- 21 leaves foliated 1-21, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with triple black line.
Extent1 item (21 leaves) : 13 x 27 cm
- Nyaya--Early works to 1800
- Logic--India--Early works to 1800
- Hindu logic--Early works to 1800
- Hindu philosophy--Early works to 1800
- Indian philosophy--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--17th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--17th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 639: Subarthavicāra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.