Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 644 Siddhāntamuktāvalī / सिद्धान्तमुक्तावली
TitleSiddhāntamuktāvalī / सिद्धान्तमुक्तावली
- Viśvanātha Nyāyapañcānana Bhaṭṭācārya
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 644
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9960346503503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation and study and is a treatise on logic from the Vaiśeṣika branch of the Nyāya school of Hindu philosophy and includes the commentary Muktāvalīprakāśa by Mahādeva Bhaṭṭa and the sub-commentary Muktāvalīṭīkā by Dinakarabhaṭṭa. Manuscript is incomplete and in disarray.
- Title from internal colophon (f. 47v); title of primary commentary Muktāvalīprakāśa from internal colophon (f. 47v); title of secondary commentary Muktāvalīṭīkā from marginal abbreviations.
- Written in 14-17 lines per leaf.
- 125 leaves foliated irregularly with contemporary ink and missing on some folios, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with quadruple line.
Extent1 item (125 leaves) : 19 x 36 cm
- Hindu philosophy
- Indian philosophy
- Hindu logic
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 644: Siddhāntamuktāvalī are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.