Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 674 Pārāśarahorā / पाराशरहोरा
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 674
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9960450113503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript used for contemplation and consultation and is a kind of manual and treatise for divination of the events that affect human lives through an interpretation of the movement of the planets, based on early Vedic systems of astrology. Text is supplemented with an unidentified commentary written above and below and parallel to the main text. Title pages are written in reverse, with the front title panel being written on the final folio (f. 8v) and the final title being written on the front folio (f. 1r).
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- Written in 8-13 lines per leaf.
- 8 leaves foliated 1-8, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (8 leaves) : 12 x 26 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīpārāśarahorāsamāptaḥ // (f. 8r).
- Hindu astrology
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 674: Pārāśarahorā are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.