Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 677 Jātakābharaṇa / जातकाभरण
TitleJātakābharaṇa / जातकाभरण
- Ḍhuṇḍhirāja, active 15th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 677
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9960450133503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a treatise on Hindu astrology used for contemplation and consultation by astrological priests or specialists for the purpose of predicting future events with the lives of clients or family members. There is also a related short text called Ṣaṭsaptavargavicāra at the end, a few verses in length.
- Title from internal colophon (f. 24v); title of second text Ṣaṭsaptavargavicāra from colophon (f. 25r).
- Written in 9-10 lines per leaf.
- 25 leaves foliated 1-25, upper left and lower right verso.
- Dated śaka 1752 (1840) (f. 24v).
- Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; vertical margins marked with double red line and horizontal margins marked with double red line on front and back folios.
Extent1 item (25 leaves) : 11 x 26 cm
ColophonColophon: iti śrīdaivajñaḍhuṃḍirājaviracite jātakābharaṇestrījātakadhyāyaḥ [/] śrīkāśīviśveśvarārpaṇam astu [/] (f. 24v).
- Hindu astrology
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 677: Jātakābharaṇa are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.