Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 693 Muhūrtacintāmaṇi / मुहूर्तचिन्तामणि
TitleMuhūrtacintāmaṇi / मुहूर्तचिन्तामणि
- Rāma Daivajña, active 17th century
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 693
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9960744963503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is used for consultation and study and is a kind of manual and treatise on divination and reading the signs of planetary movement within the context of Hindu astrology and astronomy; makes predictions about the upcoming year related various aspects of human life. Manuscript contains an unknown commentary running vertically above and below the main text.
- Title from title abbreviations in upper left margins, verso.
- Written in 11-17 lines per leaf.
- 7 leaves foliated 1-7, upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
Extent1 item (7 leaves) : 12 x 25 cm
- Hindu astrology
- Hindu astronomy
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 693: Muhūrtacintāmaṇi are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.