Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI | |
Ms. Coll. 390 Item 695 Kālacakra / कालचक्र
TitleKālacakra / कालचक्र
Call numberMs. Coll. 390 Item 695
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9960784743503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Manuscript is a narrative presented as a conversation between the Hindu deities Pārvatī and Śiva that serves as a treatise and guide on Hindu astronomy from a Tantric perspective, correlating between the heavenly bodies and Tantric doctrine.
- Title from colophon (f. 14v).
- Written in 9-11 lines per leaf.
- 14 leaves foliated 1-13, , upper left and lower right verso.
- Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins. Final folio is written in a different hand.
Extent1 item (14 leaves) : 12 x 27 cm
ColophonColophon: iti kālacakraṃ samāptaṃ // idaṃ truṭīpatraṃ ekādaśasthapatre niraṃkapṛṣṭe dvitīyapaṃktisthaṃ bodhyaṃ pa.11 paṃ.2 [//] (f. 14v).
- Hindu astronomy
- Hindu astrology
- Siva (Hindu deity)
- Parvati (Hindu deity)
- Manuals (instructional materials)
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--18th century
- Manuscripts, Sanskrit--19th century
- Manuscripts--India--18th century
- Manuscripts--India--19th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Ms. Coll. 390 Item 695: Kālacakra are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.